Kona Mix Plate Order Of Operations
Your job is to use the Order Of
Operations rules (PEMDAS) to answer the following questions. Here is an
Ex. - Your friends at work send you to get the take-out food from Kona Mix Plate. Your friends have ordered 2 Hamburgers ($4.75 ea), 4 Beef teriyaki sandwiches ($4.95 ea.), 4 orders of fries ($1.25 ea.), and 6 large pepsi's ($1.50 ea.) The total bill will be paid by 1 person (your boss).
So now we will write an equation and solve using the Order Of Operations.-
( ( 2 x $4.75) + (4 x $4.95) + (4 x $1.25) + (6 x $1.50) )- 1 =
( $9.50 + $9.90 + $5.00 + $9.00 ) - 1 =
$33.40 - 1= $33.40
1. Your first order is 3 Bulgogi sandwiches, 5 fish teriyaki sandwiches, 2 orders of fries, and 2 medium pepsi's, and 4 large pepsi's. The bill will be split among 2 people. Write an equation and solve!!
2. The next time you go pick up the take-out food you need to get 3 chicken katsu sandwiches, 2 orders of the saimin, 3 orders of the calamari sandwich. You also need to get 3 orders of fries, and 6 large pepsi's. This bill will be split among 3 people.
3. On Friday you go to the Kona Mix Plate and have to get 5 orders of the Chicken Teriyaki sandwich, 4 orders of the Fish Teriyaki sandwich plate, 3 orders of the Mandu soup, 5 orders of fries, and 7 large pepsi's. This bill will be split among 5 people.
4. The next time your friends at work order some take out, you need 6 Korean chicken sandwiches, 4 cheeseburgers, 3 pork teriyaki sandwiches, 5 orders of fries, and 9 large pepsi's. This bill will be split among 10 people!
5. The next time you get the take out from Kona Mix Plate, you need to pick up 3 orders of the mahi-mahi sandwich, 5 hamburgers, 2 tonkatsu sandwiches, 6 orders of fries, 2 salads, 4 orders of rice, 1 bowl of saimin, and 9 small pepsi's.
There will be 2 people that will split this bill.
Hawaii Content Standards used- " Students understand the meaning of operations and how they relate to each other.
Benchmark- " Students recognize and use properties and order of operations on rational numbers."